Monday, June 28, 2010

The anniversaries just keep rolling by...

So Saturday was the first birthday of this blog. And I celebrated by...doing nothing. I've been a little lax in my blogging recently, for various reasons: sports, work, heat-related laziness and a seeming lack of subject matter.

Well, Wimbledon will be done on the 4th, World Cup on the 11th, and then it's a wasteland of commentary until the US Open in September. Work will always be work, but the sale which is making it a little extra taxing at the moment is coming to a close. I can't do anything about the heat but stay inside or swim in the pool (which would not be conducive to blogging, this laptop is not waterproof).

So having something to write about is going to be the ultimate decider in my future blogging output. It's not that I don't have plenty to say. I harangue my mother with new opinions every day. But not all of them seem entirely on-topic in terms of being a post-grad survivor. There are only so many things to say about the ridiculousness of resumes and the how the heath care debate affects part-time retail and recent graduates.

So there may be a little thinking outside the box coming your way. I'll try to keep the reality show rantings to a minimum, I promise. And there will always be at least a tenuous connection to what it means to be a member of the class of 2009. As I type this various ideas are already coming into my head. Maybe all I needed to do was start typing to get the bloggy juices flowing. So, you know, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment