Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hello? Anyone Still Alive in Here?

The other day, I was thinking about all the ideas I had for things to write that didn't quite fit into the various projects I write for. I've wriggled in my weight loss into Succeed After College (which has finally launched, so please check it out), and found a way to write about cupcakes for Austin Knitting Examiner (stay tuned for that one), but there are still a myriad of random thoughts running through my mind. And other than repeating them annoyingly to the six or so people who seem to be the only human contact I have had lately, I've got nowhere to share them.

Oh, wait, there's that blog I had, right? The one I stopped writing for in November under the delusion that I would be able to write a novel in 30 days? I guess I could write whatever I like there...why didn't I think of that before?

I know, I know, it's the same song all over again. The epiphany that I can do what I like, and the promise that what I like is to blog. The fact is, this is on the bottom of my list when it comes to ways to spend my time. That's right, under wasting time with online games. I'm sorry, Bejeweled Blitz is addictive. Frankly, it's hard to muster motivation after completing the requisite writing activities I've created for myself. But I swear, of the dozens of resolutions I'm considering, blogging regularly is one of them.

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me! In addition to losing weight (not going to say how much I need to lose) and finishing my novel, I'm going to try and blog every day. Or at least once a week. Good grief, I'm backsliding already!

    ReplyDelete