Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wait, the Nike endorsement isn't automatic?

This morning, I woke up in a commercial. I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, laced up my sneakers, popped in my earbuds and took a run around the block.

Yup, that was me, jogging past your window as you crunched your cornflakes and brushed the sleep out of your eyes. Don't worry, I wasn't judging you. Okay, maybe I indulged in a little superiority, but I needed it to keep huffing and puffing past. Because while Beyonce is inspirational, sometimes that woman mocks me with her booty-shaking tunes.

While I get 10,000 steps in every day, this was the first time I've really maintained more than a walking pace for any length of time other than on the elliptical. So it was just the one block. But I jogged the whole way, letting each milestone of the short journey pass without slowing down, though I told myself I would at the next.

There are still steps left to complete on my pedometer for the day, but after actually following through on a morning jog (it's been a concept I've toyed with many a Friday night), taking a refreshing shower, and diligently writing this very blog post, I think I deserve a rest, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment